Many of us just train without having a clear goal.
What I mean by that is , you know that you want to lose like 30 lbs,
Or, you just want to have a bigger butt like you want a 40 inch butt.
Okay, but from there, you don’t really have a plan or strategy on how to get there and to meet your goal.
What do you have to do in order to be where you want to be?
It is great that you know that you want a 40 inch butt,but you also need to know how you need to train to get best results for yourself.
How many times per week you need to train,what exercises to use, how many reps you need to do,when it is time to change your workout,how many calories you must increase and how much protein you need each month.
It is a lot to think about if you want to have serious results,at least when you have been training for a while or if you are a beginner and don’t know where to start.
Here are some tips:
* Be specific about your goal, what do you want to achieve?
* Break it down and set up milestones, I have lost THIS amount of weight by THIS date/year,and really stick to it,and then move on to your next milestone.
* What do you have to change in your life in order to achieve your goal? strop smoking?stop drinking?stop eating out?eat more calories? eat less calories? anything that hinders you from reaching your goal
* What action do you need to take? start weight train? start exercise?more cardio? less cardio?
* How should your workout routine look like when you start? exercises?sets?reps? home or gym? How many exercises,what exercises? How many times per week?
* Don’t go out too hard in the beginning,the chances are that you will fail pretty quickly,it should not be too easy for you either,because you must make it hard in order to change your body and keep you motivated,but not too hard that every workout turn in to a night mare and you will end up being too exhausted and quit because of that.
* Be determined and clear about what you want and stay focused.Always remember why you are on this journey.
* Always be one step ahead, what will you do next month,and be prepared for it
* When times goes by, your body will feel and look different from when you start,you need to adjust your calories,cardio and weight training after how you look today.Otherwise you will remain the same.
We are all different, some people like to change more often than others to make us more motivated, so do what you think is best for you and makes you feel motivated.
For myself, I try to change something small each month, sometimes I change a lot,and sometimes I change just a little bit.